We know how important it is to protect our skin from sun exposure. We know sun rays cause skin diseases, rapid, aging, as well as burning the skin. But what about our lips? Aren’t our lips even more delicate than the skin on our arms or back? Yes it is! The skin on our lips is very sensitive and sun exposure can cause our lips to become dry, chapped, and even split. Below are a few of my favorite lip products that contain SPF.
1. Coola Sport Liplux SPF 30: This all-in-one lip treatment is highly concentrated with the finest food grade certified organic and active ingredients. This lip protectant hydrates and nourishes while the broad spectrum UV protection works year round for soft, healthy and happy lips.
2. Hampton Sun SPF 30 Luxe Sport Lip Balm: Give your lips the best in sunscreen protection with our SPF 30 Luxe Sport Lip Balm. The soft and hydrating formula includes natural and organic ingredients such as pomegranate, aloe vera, grapefruit, cucumber, green tea, and many other calming additives. For use in and out of the sun, this moisturizing balm will protect your lips while giving it the nutrients it needs.
3. B. Kamins Lip Balm SPF 20: This soothing lip balm helps to moisturize and protect lips from sun, wind and extreme temperatures. This formula helps to repair chapped, sore lips with maple and softening essential oils. This treatment creates a smoother palette for lipstick application by diminishing the appearance of fine lines and reducing the feathering of lip color. Use anytime for softer, more luscious lips.
You can find the products mentioned on SkinStore.com.
Summer is on its way! While you’re out soaking up the sun and using sunscreen to protect your skin, don’t forget your delicate lips! The sun can be harsh and drying, so it’s very important to shield our lips damaging rays. Here are my top 3 products to keep your lips in perfect kissable condition.
- Supergoop AcaiFusion SPF 30 Lip Balm – Sheer Pink: Fusion Lip Balms provide a unique, high SPF 30 lip balm solution to protect against broad-spectrum UV rays in a super-antioxidant and regenerative formulation while adding a sheer pink rosy tint to the lips.
- B. Kamins Lip Balm SPF 20: This soothing lip balm helps to moisturize and protect lips from sun, wind and extreme temperatures. This formula helps to repair chapped, sore lips with maple and softening essential oils. This treatment creates a smoother palette for lipstick application by diminishing the appearance of fine lines and reducing the feathering of lip color. Use anytime for softer, more luscious lips.
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick Sheer Tint SPF 15: This convenient protectant lip balm helps to moisturize, soften and smooth lips in a chic lip stick form. This is the perfect item for ladies on the go that love lipstick, please note that this item comes in multiple shades.
You can find these amazing products on SkinStore.com!
Ah, summertime! The sun is shining brightly, the days are longer and we start spending a lot more time outdoors. While we all know that sun protection is important all year long, it is especially important when spending longer periods of time in the sun. While you are out there enjoying the sunshine this summer, don’t forget that your lips also need protection from the sun’s harmful rays. Don’t let the heat can leave you with dry, chapped lips. Keep them hydrated along with the rest of your body.
A great choice for both men and women is the Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25. Shea butter, avocado oil and Vitamin E sooth and nourish the lips while the natural mint and green tea add a soothing and refreshing touch. The texture is hydrating but not heavy and is perfect to wear alone or on top of your favorite lip color.