What if it’s too harsh for me?
There is always a possibility that your skin may take a little bit of adjusting when you first introduce Retinol. Because it is highly active and starts to work right away, communicating to your cells, some people may experience slight redness at first. Here’s some pointers to bear in mind before you start using it:
- All skin types benefit from vitamin A, but especially non-sensitive, oily and acne prone skins benefit the most.
- Start off small – just apply a little bit to begin with
- Retinols do make your skin more sensitive to the sun, so make sure you up your SPF when using them.
- There’s a rumor you should stop using Retinol after a couple of months to let your skin have a break – but this is purely just a rumor. As long as your skin seems happy with Retinol, you can keep going with it.
However, if you do find you are one of those people who is finding Retinol is taking a little while to adapt to you skin, and you’re experiencing a little redness, there is an alternative. Luxury skincare brand Phytomer have an effective range of products which perform results on par with that of Retinol, except the ingredients behind them slightly differ. Introducing ‘Marine Retinol’ – a revolutionary skincare formula which has been developed from the brands extensive use of new algae, plants and marine micro-organisms which have high skincare potential.
With 40+ years of spa industry experience in France and over 25 years in the United States, Phytomer is a high end, marine brand that has not only grown with the spa industry, but helped to form it
Phytomer develop their product ranges in their own laboratory in France, where a dedicated team of scientists, experts in skin biology and cell culture work on the next generation of active ingredients. At the heart of creation, the brand realized the need for high quality products which perform spa and salon treatment results, but can be used at home. So when you browse their premium collection, you’ll spy all sorts of high end products such as their Pure Pore Heating Mask, Skin Refiners and Multi Exfoliants.
Below, Phytomer explain some key points below about their skin-loving range:
- Answering the prayers of those who want a more natural, gentle alternative to retinol. Phytomer has developed Retinol of the Sea.
- It’s an exclusive concentrate of marine origin that offers similar regenerating properties as retinol-based ingredients to correct overall skin texture as well as wrinkles.
- Also known as Samphire Oil (extracted from the seaside plant) Samphire Oil mimics the skin renewing properties of retinol to speed up basal cell turnover for fewer wrinkles and lines.
- Like retinol, Retinol of the Sea helps diminish wrinkles, fine lines and even out the complexion. But, unlike retinol, this natural marine oil does not produce any irritating, skin thinning or photo-sensitizing effects.
- This star ingredient can be found in Phytomer’s INITIAL YOUTH Multi-Action Early Wrinkle Fluid/Cream, EXPERTISE ÂGE CONTOUR Intense Youth Eye Cream and YOUTH REVIVER Age Defense Mask to name a few.