Everyday Favorite -
2/1/2012 9:34:03 AM
This is my desert island mascara. I wear it pretty much every day because it's fairly easy to apply (once you get the hang of it) and it looks very natural. Its will-not-come-off-until-you-take-it-off formula is a revolution and I've not found a drug store product like it and I've tried.
- The shade of brown is perfect for my fair complexion, and it makes me look like I was born with darker lashes. I wasn't; my lashes are very blond.
- The staying power of Blinc is unparalleled. I can go swimming, get caught in a downpour, or have a crying jag. If just left to dry naturally and not wiped away, I'm still mascara-ed.
- Removing Blinc is a snap. During your end-of-day face wash, get 'em wet and rub gently with your fingers. You'll notice little clusters of "eyelashes" in the sink. There's absolutely no halo of dark gunk around the eyes, and my white towels stay white. It's amazing.
- Because if its great staying power and easy removal, harsh makeup removers and the like aren't necessary. Cleanser and water are all that's required.
- Application takes some practice. Two quick successive coats is all. If you try to apply a second or third after the first coat has dried, you'll wind up with ridiculously clumpy and patchy eyelashes. From there, you just have to start over. When you get Blinc on your eyelid, wait for it to dry and then wipe it away with a dampened Q-tip.
- The brush is poorly designed. The bristles are cut in an hourglass shape that doesn't follow the eye's contours. Reaching those tiny inner corner hairs is tricky with the tool. Blinc could take a lesson from L'Oreal or Maybelline for a brush redesign. Cone-shaped with a smaller diameter would be my preference, since precision is key.
- This is not a "million-lashes" formula. It doesn't plump, curl, lengthen, or otherwise change the shape of your lashes in any way. It merely coats them in paint. Some may like this natural look, others may prefer something more dramatic.
- Since it goes on like wet paint, curling my lashes seems feudal. The moisture in Blinc seems to straighten them right out again. (I have not tried Blinc's heated curler, however.)