Beauty Tips for a Happy and Healthy Holiday Season
Ah the holidays… can’t not stress about them, can’t not love them! By the time you read this, Thanksgiving will have come and gone.
Hopefully your turkey was cooked perfectly and you still fit into your little black dress. Looking ahead to the December holidays, here are some tips to look your best, feel your best, and enjoy this most fabulous time of the year.
The cold, dry air of winter can wreak havoc on your skin. Key to looking good is to keep your skin hydrated, both from the inside and from the outside.
- Remember to drink plenty of water. Especially during the holidays, I often find myself at the end of the day realizing I have had coffee and cocktails, and no water. Drinking one glass of water for every cup of coffee or glass of wine will help avoid the grayish, dry skin look.
- Remember to use a moisturizer that is well adapted to winter weather. Our Kantic Plus Intensely Nourishing Cream is ideal to use twice daily, or even more if needed. Keep a jar in your bathroom, and one at the office for an afternoon pick-me up.
- Eyes are the windows to your soul… nothing will send a clearer message of tiredness and stress than red, puffy eyes surrounded by dark circles. Sleep on your back if you can. Use eye drops to keep your eyes hydrated and the whites white. And apply our Superpulse Rejuvenating Eye Balm
every morning and every evening. This lightweight balm is ideal under makeup, and will help to avoid the “cakey” look concealer or foundation can have on dehydrated skin.
I find my body has a natural tendency to round itself out during the winter. I’m not sure if that is due to the extra turkey, stuffing, and eggnog I am consuming or to a natural evolutionary (and hence unavoidable) reason (doesn’t extra fat protect from the cold?). Regardless of the reason, keep in mind the following:
- Even if rounder, most people look best in tailored clothes.
- Intersperse the heavier meals and unhealthier finger foods with soups and salads.
- Opt for white wine over sweet cocktails.
- Use our Alexandrite Neck Illuminating and Firming Gel for neck, arms and bust to tighten your décolleté, which is often uncovered in fancy cocktail dresses.
Finally, remember: beauty is all about attitude and confidence; the holidays are a time to be merry, thankful, and forgiving; and a smile will go a long way to make you and those around you happy, regardless of how your dress looks, how tired you are, and how burnt the holiday cookies turned out.