The end of summer justifies a new wardrobe, haircut and makeup…and as the canvas for your new Fall hues, your skin deserves some attention, too. Whether your goal is to reverse the effects of too much fun in the sun or prevent those dreaded dark spots from cropping up in the first place – with the ever-evolving assortment of available pigment-correcting products out there, what makes a pigment corrector stand out from the bunch? One that lightens age spots, discoloration from sun overexposure, melasma and acne scarring without causing skin irritation. The following five skin lightening mechanisms to look for include:
1. Beta White – a skin-brightening peptide designed to address both genetic and environmental causes of hyperpigmentation. Peptides are specific amino acid sequences that mimic the natural signals of cell communication and repair so their biological properties can target different areas – in the case of Beta White, that property is skin lightening. Beta White produces results without irritation as it is identical to the skin’s own structure and composition. Studies show that after only 4 weeks, 87% of subjects felt their skin was more uniform and after 8 weeks, 100% noticed their complexion looking more evenly pigmented.
2. Chromabright – a brightening molecule with the capacity to inhibit the activity of skin-darkening enzyme reactions and performed comparably to Hydroquinone in clinical studies.
3. Licorice – a treat for your taste buds and your complexion that offers an additional defense against dark spots caused by enzyme reactions.
4. Vitamin C – in the form of Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate is a skin lightening agent and multi-tasking antioxidant that also fights wrinkles and elasticity loss by helping to optimally nourish collagen.
5. Lactic acid – a natural exfoliator that promotes a more even skin tone by speeding fresh new skin to the surface while simultaneously brightening surface-level skin.
From a peptide at clinical strength to a botanical extract, this diverse skin lightening cocktail is setting a new standard for results that can be achieved by pigment correctors. For the benefits of all five dark spot-correcting ingredients together, try HydroPeptide’s Even Out Skin Brightening Pigment Corrector. Spice up your Fall beauty routine with radiant, even toned skin and look flawlessly chic season after season!