As a makeup artist, I’ve come across some really fun, easy, and convenient makeup tips that may make life just a bit easier for the busy woman. Enjoy!
1. Tired of clumpy mascara? Add 1-2 drops of Visine. Bye bye clumps. Make sure you replace your mascara every 60-90 days.
2. Wipe your mascara wand and then dip it back into the tube. It sounds weird but you will get the best lash separation when the mascara is applied. No more tarantula eyelashes!
3. Use scotch tape as an eyeliner stencil. Simply place the tape where you want to have your liner end and apply your liner. You’ll get a perfect application every time!
4. Tightlining your eyeliner will fill in any gaps and create contrast. This gives an illusion of fuller, longer lashes.
5. Wash and moisturize with an upward stroke to prevent tugging and pulling on your skin. Foundation and powder should be applied with downward strokes to avoid accentuating the peach fuzz and to get better coverage.
6. Mix your moisturizer with a bit of concealer. You can customize the coverage. It works similar to a BB Cream and saves money.
7. To mattify your lipstick and extend its life, hold a tissue over your lips and apply powder over the tissue. It works like magic!
8. To achieve a 3D effect on your lips, use a frosted blush or eye shadow at the center of your bottom and top lips for a sweet pop of color!
9. Wash your brushes regularly! This keeps bacteria from growing and breakouts at bay.
10. Use a highlighter before the foundation. It will give you a beautiful glow without being too dewy or too matte.