You can’t deny it; a fabulous set of brows are priceless. Nicely groomed eyebrows, not only polish off a great look, but also act as an instant eye lift. There will be no need to schedule your next waxing appointment when you follow these simple steps.
First and foremost, invest in a quality set of tweezers. Look for a slanted tip, which provides better accuracy and grip when tweezing unruly hairs. My personal favorite is the Tweezerman Slanted Tweezer. FYI for all the divas out there, these tweezers also come in several different colors! How fun- I’m always on the hunt for cute new items to spice up my makeup bag!
5 Steps to perfectly manicured brows:
1. The cardinal rule- Never over pluck! This is probably the hardest of all of the guidelines. We have all been overzealous with the tweezers at one time in our life, leaving your brows sparse and over plucked. But don’t fear – there are helpful tricks to avoid this mishap.
Try filling in your brows with an eyebrow pencil first. This enables you to create your perfect shape, acting as a pattern for you to follow while tweezing. Tip- use soft, feathery strokes when penciling in your brows, this mimics the look of hair. A heavy hand will make your brows look too harsh and drawn on. By diverting attention away from areas that need to grow in, the focus remains on the hairs that need to be plucked. Follow this easy step and you’ll never be left with thin, wimpy eyebrows again!
2. Shaping- Keep in mind everyone has differently shaped brows. Some are more rounded, while others are more squared. Some have high arches and others are straight across. The key is to enhance the shape you were born with.
3. There are three parts to an eyebrow- the head, arch and tail. The head of the brow should start directly above the side of the nose. Tip- Hold a pencil parallel to the side of your nose. The pencil will land where the head of the brow should begin. Tweeze any hairs that land in unibrow territory.
4. Next, holding the pencil at the side of your nose, diagonally angle it so that the pencil crosses the iris of your eye. The pencil will fall on the part of the brow where your arch should be. Pluck hairs one by one to open up and define the arch.
5. Now, angle the pencil toward the outside corner of your eye. The pencil will land where the tail of the brow should end. Pluck any stray hairs that remain.
6. Lastly, finish off your look by applying a brow gel. I recommend Billion Dollar Brow Gel, it works wonders! The gel sets your hairs, keeping your brows polished and intact from morning until night!
Tips for Success:
-Try to avoid overarching the brow, which can leave you with a surprised or angry expression.
-Plucking too many hairs at once can leave holes or gaps in the brow. For better precision, pluck one hair at a time.
-Pick a neutral toned eye brow pencil that matches your natural hair color.