With Independence Day fast approaching, it’s time to start planning your make up looks to ensure you’re looking flawless on the day. Whether you’re heading to a family BBQ, fireworks display or Independence Day parade; our 4th of July make up tutorial will ensure you’re looking flawlessly patriotic all day long.
Mandatory Credit: Photo by Broadimage/REX/Shutterstock (8436369fr)Emma Roberts
Get Emma's Look:
- Emma's complexion is gorgeously radiant, so we recommend priming your skin with the Elemis Pro Radiance Illuminating Flash Balm to illuminate your skin, giving you the perfect canvas for a flawless foundation application.
- Moving on to foundation; SkinStore's top choice would be the Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti Aging Foundation which offers a medium coverage with a luminous finish that will stay put all day- perfect for a day of 4th of July celebrations.
- The Stila Perfect Me Perfect Hue Eye & Cheek Palette will help you to achieve Emma's glamorous, yet understated look. Add a pop of color to the cheeks with your choice of blush from the palette, but don't go overboard as you want to make a statement with your killer red lip, so the rest of your complexion should remain fairly neutral.
- Emma's gorgeous smouldering eye make up is surprisingly simple to achieve. We'd recommend using the Sigma Basic Eyes Kit to help you achieve a super-precise smouldering eye. Blend the peach tone from your Stila palette across your eyelid, taking it slightly further out than your outer corner to add some definition to your eyes. Then, blend a little of the mauve shade to the inner corner of your lid and gently pat the rose gold shade onto the centre of your lid and inner corner of your eye to brighten and illuminate the eye area.
- To finish off your eyeshadow, take a tiny amount of the mauve eyeshadow from your Stila palette and smoke it out under your lower lash line. Start from the outer corner of your eye and smoke it to around a quarter of the way in, then take the rose gold shade and blend out underneath the remainder of your lash line.
- Add a few layers of the Zelens Flirt Mascara to your top lashes and a quick swipe to your lower lashes to really define the eyes.
- The Lipstick Queen Lipstick - Medieval is the perfect way to add a hint of patriotism to your 4th of July make up. By Terry's 3-in-1 formula conditions, lines and colors the lips in one convenient product to keep your lips hydrated, defined and bright all day long. Apply with the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Precision Lip Brush for a precise, long-lasting application.
Our Top 4th July Make Up Picks:
We’d love to see your finished 4th of July Make Up looks- tag @SkinStoreOfficial on Instagram to show us yours!