In an ideal world, we would all get on board with a bridal make-up artist to carry out our wedding make-up on our big day. However, it's becoming more common for us to want to do our own makeup, with so many excellent products, tips and techniques becoming available. In general, taking on the 'DIY'' approach is better for 3 reasons:
- It's cheaper
- No one knows your features better than you
- You only have yourself to offend if you don't like it
Ready to become a DIY Bride? Then read on...
Some of you may well remain skeptical about taking on this task; after all, it's a pretty big deal to create your own bridal make-up on the one day you're a total bag of nerves. But relax. If you follow the right tips, invest in the right products, and learn the techniques, then you can do this!
Four Essential Products
We're not saying its easy, but if you can master this art yourself, then think how proud you will be when you admire your glowing face on your wedding photos. To give you some pointers and a bit of encouragement, we've answered the most common questions most brides-to-be worry about.
- Q Should I use this opportunity as a chance to experiment?
- Q Why do people say I should avoid an SPF in my bridal foundation?
- Q How do I prepare my make-up base?
- Q What's the overall look I should be aiming for with my eyes?
- Q How do I ensure my face won't have 'faded' by the time of the reception?