There’s nothing more relaxing than taking a little me time and slathering a great face mask on. Not only is it a relaxing activity, but it can help promote healthy glowing skin when used in combination with other cleansing and moisturizing products. That said, it is important to get the right face mask for your skin type and not just grab the most on-trend product from the shelf just because its label is filled with buzzwords. But how can you tell what skin type you have, and what face mask is right for you?
It is generally agreed there are five main skin types:
- Normal Skin – Usually clear of blemishes, doesn’t feel tight or sensitive.
- Dry Skin – Feels tight, occasionally scaly, and can develop rough or flaky patches. The skin often appears quite dull.
- Combination Skin – Both oily and dry skin on certain areas of the face, mostly an oily T-zone with drier cheeks.
- Oily Skin – Skin can appear oily or greasy and tend to have more blemishes and larger pores.
- Sensitive Skin – Skin reacts to certain products or ingredients badly, with a feeling of burning, itching, or redness.
All of the above issues can make skin feel and look dull, uneven, greasy, or flaky, but the good news is masks can help fight each of these issues. Figuring out your skin type helps to deduce which type of mask is required to give your skin a super healthy glow.
For more skin type based product recommendations, check out our skincare routine builder at SkinStore!